Monday, April 27, 2009

Never say Never.....

I thot i would NEVER do this...blog I mean ..but my 5 year old nephew started me off....a couple of false starts ( i am not the most comp savvy person!), ALMOST gave up in irritation and now here i am ....blogging....i read blogs of people i know ( my nephew and my sis !!) and people i don't( the fake/real IPL Player! ) and i go wow....i can NEVER write like this....not sure if this blogging thing is for me...and then i paused - my best friend once told me - NEVER say NEVER ...it will come back to bite you ...and then i thought of the many NEVERS I did not stick to .....some i am glad and some i am still debating.....
I NEVER thot I could live on my own... 8 years and i am loving it
I NEVER thot someone would break my heart .. too tough for that.. many times already and i am sure its not the end
I NEVER thot i could OWN my own place .... 2 years now and i love it
When i bought the place I NEVER thot i could make it the home i wanted it to be ..its getting there and doesnt seem so overwhelming anymore
I NEVER thot i would have as lasting and deep a friendship as i do with Anu - i NEVER was the mushy-friends-for-ever kinds - 13 years and she still feels like the safest place i know...
I NEVER thot i would enjoy re-connecting with old pals i had lost touch with ( who has the time..) i did and i loved it
I NEVER thot i could run a marathon ...with a weak knee and a damaged ankle ( hurts from school basketball -sins of your past do catch up..) and not the best of lungs... finished 2 1/2s and now preparing for a full...when i started 2 years ago i NEVER thot i could run for more than the 3 mins I ran the first time today i run 60..
I NEVER thot I would have someone say i made a difference to their life .....Rajni did.....
Then there are the regrets...
I NEVER thot i would forgive a man for cheating ..i did ....more than once...
I NEVER thot i would give up my self respect and beg to make a relationship work even when he walked out on me... even knowing that for him it was over
I NEVER thot i would have an affair knowing that he was married... knowing that it would go nowhere.
I NEVER thot that differences with a sibling i grew up adoring and looking up to would create a rift larger than the distance across the seas
I NEVER thot that my work would keep me so busy that I would not have time for family ...
I NEVER thot that someday I would look back and question... is this what i wanted life to be when i am 37...???
So today as i sit and drink a cup of chai ........and write my blog.....i wonder what are the other NEVERs that are yet to be UN-Nevered......after all i am only 37.......and i still have a lot of NEVERs... to deal with....











3 comments:

  1. Love the title- a room of my own.
    If this is what you don;t like, I'd love to read what you do :-)
    Very thoughtful thought, honest as hell....and ...welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice little peek into your world Ms..and a good peek as well. We all think we know each other but then we sometimes dont. Blogs are good. They let you talk, and let you be. Keep writing. Without giving a *&#@..go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a lot of need for your sunshine. Continue blogging. Waiting for the next post.

    ReplyDelete